SURCON Past Questions and Answers are available on this page for download. The questions and answers for SURCON exams are arranged and stored in PDF. Do you need SURCON exam past questions? If yes, then this is the right place to get up to date past questions for your exam revision. On this page, you will find relevant past questions for SURCON professional exams, for candidates who which to obtain license. Before taking SURCON exams it is very important to study SURCON professional exam past questions and answers, and you can download them on this page. The SURCON licencing exam past questions are meant to help you go through examination questions that were set in the past. It is also aimed at helping you to understand the question pattern and also identify possible questions that are likely to repeat again. Don’t hesitate to download Nigerian Institution of Surveyors past questions. NIS past questions which doubles as Nigerian Institution of Surveyors past questions are very comprehensive and will help you a lot. Study few Surveyors Council of Nigeria Past Questions and answers below, then proceed to purchase the complete SURCON study guide.
SURCON Past Questions (Samples)
- An imaginary line joining the points of equal elevation on the surface of the earth, represents
A. contour surface
B. contour gradient
C. contour line
D. level line
E. none of these.
2. In chain surveying field work is limited to
A. linear measurements only
B. angular measurements only
C. both linear and angular measurements
D. all the above.
3. Two concave lenses of 60 cm focal length are cemented on either side of a convex lens of 15 cm focal length. The focal length of the combination is
A. 10 cm
B. 20 cm
C. 30 cm
D. 40 cm
4. Pick up the method of surveying in which field observations and plotting proceed simultaneously from the following
A. chain surveying
B. compass surveying
C. plan table surveying
D. tacheometric surveying.
5. While viewing through a level telescope and moving the eye slightly, a relative movement occurs between the image of the levelling staff and the cross hairs. The instrument is
A. correctly focussed
B. not correctly focussed
C. said to have parallax
D. free from parallax.
6. Offsets are measured with an accuracy of 1 in 40. If the point on the paper from both sources of error (due to angular and measurement errors) is not to exceed 0.05 cm on a scale of 1 cm = 20 m, the maximum length of offset should be limited to
B. 28.28 m
C. 200 m
D. none of these.
7. The branch of surveying in which both horizontal and vertical positions of a point, are determined by making instrumental observations, is known
D. all the above.
8. Two hill tops A and B 20 km apart are intervened by a third top C. If the top most contour of the three hill tops are of the same value, state whether the line of sight AB
A. passes clear of hill top C
B. passes below the hill top C
C. grazes the hill top C
D. none of these.
9. The ground surface slopes 1 in 50 along a proposed railway embankment 150 m in length. The height of the embankment at zero chainage is 0.5 m, the width is 11 m and side slopes 2:1. If the falling gradient of the embankment is 1 in 150, the quantity of the earthwork calculated by Primordial formula, is
A. 3250 m3
B. 3225 m3
C. 3275 m3
D. 3300 m3
10. The reduced levels of points, 30 metres apart along the longitudinal section of a road portion between chainages 5 and 9 are shown in the given figure. If there is a uniform up-gradient of the road 120 in 1, the chainage of the point with no filling or cutting is
A. (6 + 15) chains
B. (6 + 12) chains
C. (6 + 18) chains
D. None of these
How to Download Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON) Past Questions
Getting or downloading this material requires payment of One Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N1,500) and payment should be made following any of the options below.
In order to get the past question, you can contact; Call: 07041760012 or Click on the Whatsapp Icon at the bottom corner
Offline Payment (Bank Transfer, Deposit or POS)
If you’re unable to make payment online then simply make bank deposit, mobile transfer or POS of N1,500 to the account below.
You can also Pay to the Account Below;
Account Name: Abasiama Udo Michael
Account Number: 0129623082
After making payment kindly follow the steps below;
What to Do After Payment for SURCON Job Past Questions and Answers
The next steps is validation/confirmation then you will receive your material and this will be done by you sending the screenshot or snapshot of bank teller/receipt to the phone number above
Guarantee of Delivery
You might be quite skeptic about the purchase of this material, no you don’t have to be. We re-assure that once you have successfully made payment for this material you will get it unfailingly within 5-10 minutes.
About Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON)
The Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON) was established following the promulgation on 14th December 1989, of Decree 44 known as the Surveyors Registration Council of Nigeria Decree otherwise known as the Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON). After codification, the Enabling Decree is now known as CAP 425 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990. The Council succeeds the defunct Surveyors Licensing Board which had been in charge of licensing and discipline of surveyors in Nigeria. The duties of the Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON) however differ a great deal from the duties of the Licensing Board which it succeeded.
SURCON is the agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria responsible for the registration and examination of surveyors across all states In Nigeria. It regulates and controls the practice of Survey profession in the country. Accordingly, it determines the standards of knowledge and skills required to be registered as a member of the profession, organising annual workshops featuring up and coming technologies combined with leading edge thinking and providing continual professional development for land professionals in Nigeria.